Thank you for your interest in the 2023 She Builds Summer Camp!
She Builds is an exciting summer program for girls in grades 8 to 12. Participants in a girl empowering experience will engage in fun and immersive hands-on activities using Hololens and other exciting construction visualization technologies, experience the excitement of a visit to an active job-site in real-time, learn tools of success from industry professional women guest speakers, build confidence and explore a future college major and career. Through generous sponsorship by the Moss Department of Construction Management and industry partners the camp is no cost to attend for campers.
If you have any questions, or if you are interested in learning more about the She Builds Summer Camp at FIU please reach out to the Construction Management department at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where will the camp take place?
FIU Engineering Center (10555 W Flagler St, Miami, FL 33174).
Is there a cost to attend camp?
This camp is FREE.
How does my teacher/counselor submit the required recommendation letter?
The letter of recommendation section is required. Submitting a letter of recommendation will help support your application during our selection process. Please share the following link: go.fiu.edu/she-builds-recommendation
What is the attire for camp participants?
Participants should dress comfortably in casual clothing. The day of the job site visit, participants will be on a construction site and are required to wear the following:
· Closed toe sneakers
· Camp t-shirt (will be provided)
· Safety vest (will be provided)
· Hard hat (will be provided)
What are the hours of the camp?
Drop-off period begins at 8:30AM and the last session of the day ends at 3:00PM for pick-up
Will breakfast and lunch be provided?
Yes, light breakfast and lunch will be provided for all days.
What is the schedule of the camp?
The 2023 camp agenda is posted. View the agenda by clicking here.
Construction Managers takes the vision of the designer and makes it a reality.
With one of the highest job placement rates and starting salaries of any major, a degree in Construction Management is a great choice for young women who enjoy the dynamics of working on teams, solving complex problems, critical thinking, using technology and making the world around them better.
News & Articles
To read more on the 2021 She Builds summer camp, click here.
To read more on the 2021 Alumni Panelists, click here.
To read more on the 2021 Industry Guest Panelists, click here.
To read more on Women Impacting Turner’s involvement, click here.
To read more on Robins & Morton’s involvement, click here.
To read more on the 2019 She Builds summer camp, click here.
· It inspired me to look into construction law
· It was so fun and cool and interactive
· It showed that there are more job opportunities in construction than just building buildings.
· She builds inspired me in many different ways. I now have an idea of what college is like and what direction I would like to go in after high school
· Thank you so much, I had a great time learning. I appreciate all the kindness from the camp facilitators and the camp director. It was awesome being around other girls that are friendly and professional that enjoy their work and are relatable.
· It allowed me to realize the importance of communication and how working as a team can truly impact your final result. I also was inspired to try and step out of my comfort zone like talking in front or loud crowds. I also got to experience firsthand from women in the field who pushed through their differences by being female to where they are now in CM.
· I loved seeing all the female engineers and seeing them live their jobs. It was very nice spending time with so many new people. It inspired me to learn more about the construction field and I learned the people behind the projects.
· I’m inspired to work on myself and my skill set. I’m also more inspired to reach out with other women and resources who can help me build a network.