The mission of the school is to provide enlightened leadership to the construction industry through its graduates; to increase and improve the body of working knowledge; and to promote the interdisciplinary transfer of technology. The School will continue to strive to produce professional construction managers who are informed and participating citizens with a sense of duty and responsibility, whose actions express high moral and ethical standards, and who understand the impact of their work on society.
The school continues to serve the needs of South Florida, the nation, and the world through high-quality teaching, research, and professional involvement through the following goals:
- Provide effective education to students and prepare them to enter the construction profession.
- Utilize available technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Broaden access to construction management education through distance learning opportunities.
- Conduct and disseminate research in the construction area.
- Foster and create opportunities for student-industry interaction.
- Create the environment and provide adequate resources for the professional growth of the faculty.
- Encourage, promote and support vibrant student organizations and an active alumni association.
- Be the preeminent source of construction knowledge for industry and the community at large.