Job Title: Assistant Superintendent
Salary: Negotiable and upon Qualifications
Vercetti Enterprises is a South Florida based, General Contractor that specializes in commercial, institutional, commercial and residential.
Provide and support construction management for specific property or projects located in Miami-Dade and Broward County. This position includes jobsite supervision of both direct staff and contractors/subcontractors, all of which is necessary for the successful completion of the project. The ideal person for this position is for someone who would like to grow into a superintendent position with a construction company in a smaller team setting. This position will allow you to grow by getting involved with a wide range of tasks and get a better understanding of the company where as a traditional large company you may be limited in growth and exposure. We are looking for a positive, go-getter attitude as well as a team player with a winning mentality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with architects, engineers, and subcontractors in coordinating and developing construction documents.
- Assist the Superintendent and Project Manager in maintaining compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Oversee and coordinate with the subcontractors and vendors.
- Assist in review of the plans and coordinate the submission of plans to the permitting consultant to obtain building permits from local municipalities.
- Oversee and support other team members in the construction of the project.
- Assist in review and distribute for approval of all the shop drawings and submittals between contractor, architect, and building department.
- Coordinate and inspect work through the course of construction to ensure a high level of quality
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with local building officials and inspectors for the benefit of the company and the achievements of its goals.
- Maintain quality control and assure safety compliance on each project.
- Completed or nearly completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years successful experience in the construction industry. A minimum of experience as a project engineer and assistant project manager level.
- Knowledge and understanding of South Florida Building Codes.
- Possesses excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with all design, architectural, and engineering professionals.
- Adept at problem solving and creative thinking.
- Highly motivated and self-starter, able to take charge and make good decisions.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish desirable, but not essential.
- Position requires computer literacy; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook), Dropbox, and Google Docs & Sheets.
- Position requires construction software and program literacy; Takeoff programs, scheduling, and web-based construction management programs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and ladders.
- Must use hands to feel, reach, grasp, handle, pull and push; dexterity in fingers.
- Must have good near and far vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to hear, talk and smell.
- Noise levels varies.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Interested candidates should send resumes directly to email@example.com
For more information about Vercetti Enterprises please visit www.vercetti.net