Job Description: Assistant Project Manager
Report to: General Manager
The Assistant Project Manager position is a support level position for the Project Management
Department. This position is responsible for assisting with ongoing project needs and various tasks such
as creating purchase orders, coordinating materials, and maintaining project paperwork.
• Works closely with the Project Management department to ensure a reliable flow of information.
• Generates Submittal Schedule/Log based of off Specification Sections.
• Creates purchases purchase orders
• Maintains Daily report and compilation for weekly reports
• Creates weekly report for review by Project Management and necessary parties.
• Distributes Baseline Schedule and Subcontractor Acknowledgement
• Distributes Monthly Schedule Update to all involved in Project i.e. Subs/Owner/Architect
• Develops and Executes Customer Invoices
• Processes, distributes, and files Owner/Sub COR’s/CO’s
• Notifies architect/Owner/PM on time sensitive/overdue items
• Setup and maintenance of electronic and paper closeout binder including warranty information,
permits, inspections, etc.
• Prints and Distributes drawings to the necessary parties for initial project execution
• Distributes updated schedules and Two Week Look Ahead to Subcontractors and Clients
• Create purchase orders for information received from Project Manager
• Collects and Oversees Project Close Outs
• Procurement; such equipment rentals, etc.
• Maintains subcontractor files and log to assure all paperwork is submitted as required
• Sends out Monthly Cost Report updates. i.e. percentage completion, production units
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and provide proper documentation.
• This position does not offer sponsorship
BDI Construction provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics, in
addition to federal law requirements. BDI Construction complies with state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, and transfers, leaves of absence compensation and training. BDI Construction
expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or
veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BDI Construction’s employees to perform their
job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.