Job Description: Assistant Project Manager
Report to: General Manager
The Assistant Project Manager position is a support level position for the Project Management Department. This
position is responsible for assisting with ongoing project needs and various tasks such as creating purchase orders,
coordinating materials, and maintaining project paperwork.
- Optimizes construction cost, while maintaining its speed and quality
- Development of all the construction strategy and budget planning, progress and execution schedule.
- Performs detailed quantitative take-offs for current bidding projects and as needed for ongoing jobs, comparative reviews and presentations to owners.
- Takes lead in initial bidding stage, including receiving bid package, scoping out project to determine involved trades and creating project specific ITBs to be distributed to pertaining Subcontractors through Procore Construction Software.
- Maintains ongoing communication and support ensuring participating Subcontractors are up to speed.
- Provides all necessary bid documents, addendums and applicable changes/updates to original set of drawings, as well as, help resolve any concerns/questions subs need answered.
- Creates scopes of work for each division as needed to compare against Subcontractor proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Creates comparative material estimate sheets typically for Dic9, to submit with GMPs.
- Identifies potential areas where RFIs may be needed to then process and manage through Procore Software.
- Assists in assembling bid packages for of our smaller scale project.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and provide proper documentation.
• This position does not offer sponsorship
BDI Construction provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics, in addition to federal law
requirements. BDI Construction complies with state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfers, leaves of absence
compensation and training. BDI Construction expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BDI Construction’s employees to perform their
job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.