Pirtle is known as one of Florida’s premier builders, with yearly revenue of over $200 million. The company specializes in the construction of public facilities, including schools, public safety, municipal projects, and private/commercial development. Since 1968, Pirtle Construction has been committed to delivering excellence from concept to completion. Pirtle Construction has earned a distinct reputation for providing exceptional client service while constructing high quality buildings. Our team is an integral part of our success and the key behind our reputation as one of the most respected builders in Florida. We strive to reward our employees by creating an environment that promotes professional and personal growth. We are proud to offer competitive salaries and benefits in a company that cares about its people. We look forward to welcoming you to the Pirtle Team.
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to assist and support the Project Management team with planning and daily execution of the construction project to ensure a timely, safe, successful, and cost-effective outcome. The candidate will work with their assigned project manager to help achieve their respective project management objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Assist superintendent with on-site coordination by providing required documentation and following up with subcontractors and staff on site.
- Responsible for preparing, submitting, and tracking submittals. Confirm that submittals are created and approved based on the specifications and drawing.
- Act as a liaison between the superintendent and the subcontractors in coordinating the delivery date of materials by analyzing the schedule and the required installation dates.
- Create, review, and process Request for Information (RFI).
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors by ensuring adherence and compliance with safety policies and protocols. Issue safety violations and complete the weekly inspection report.
- Assist the superintendent with the schedule and update the three weeks look ahead.
- Attend the OAC and Subcontractor meetings and review, update and submit the required reports based on minutes and documentation.
- Responsible for the close-out process, including managing punch list, collecting and organizing all the required documentation, forms, transmittals, manuals, and certifications.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Construction, Engineering or related discipline required.
- At least two years of industry experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
Please email resumes to email@example.com
More information about Pirtle Construction can be found at pirtleconstruction.com