Each year the City of Weston funds internships in our Public Works/Engineering Department. We currently have projects that are well suited for students pursuing degrees and are interested in gaining valuable experience in the following areas/disciplines:
Civil Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering or GIS/Geography.
What will interns gain from this program?
- Knowledge of engineering design, construction and operation of city facilities;
- Experience in the preparation and review engineering reports and studies;
- Knowledge of real-world application of GIS & GPS data collection;
- Experience in practical & effective landscape design and maintenance;
- An understanding of asset management and its related activities;
Schedule and Stipends
We value and appreciate student interns and go the extra mile to make sure they receive a learning experience that fits their career goals. The interns are expected to work between 16 and 29 hours per week on a flexible schedule that fits their class schedule. Funding for the internship program is provided to our contract partner, Calvin Giordano & Associates (CGA) and allows for stipends of $16/hour and $18/hour for undergrad and graduate students respectively. Interested students can submit resumes to Amen Abdou, CGA’s internship coordinator based in Weston at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Engineering Intern – City of Weston”.
For more information, click the link! Paid Engineering or GIS Internship Opportunities with the City of Weston