TITLE : Roofing Estimator
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY : Full time
LOCATION : Miami, FL
SHIFT : Flexible
REPORTS TO : Sales Manager
Under the general direction of the Sales Manager, the Roofing Estimator will be responsible for Providing detailed take-offs for new construction and Re-Roof projects, as well as completing accurate material and labor estimates, drafting detailed proposals, and completing project turnover paperwork to the project management team.
- Review bid documents including project drawings and specifications to determine the client’s needs.
• Create and submit RFIs in a timely manner.
• Perform site visits for prospective re-roofing opportunities and perform a thorough analysis of existing roofing conditions.
• Procure material and subcontractor quotes as necessary.
• Prepare accurate labor & material estimates.
• Prepare professional bid documents and proposals.
• Ensure that all jobs have complete and accurate estimates as well as pricing that meets profitability expectations set by Management.
• Review contract scope to ensure accuracy.
• Process all information on awarded projects for turnover to production department.
• Assist in processing all relevant change orders or scope changes for ongoing projects.
• Assist with project closeout.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of four (2) years of experience working in a estimating position.
• Experience with Single Ply (TPO), modified roofing systems, lightweight insulating concrete, tile roofing, shingles, and metal roofing (standing seam, 5V) is required.
- Strong knowledge of commercial and residential roofing materials and applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Must be computer literate and experienced in using Windows applications such as: Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Solid mathematical skills are essential
• Participates in continuous improvement education/training programs to maintain current technology and methodology as specified by management.
• Able to climb ladders and walk on sloped and non-sloped roofs (as needed)
Zachary Exposito (email@example.com)