The City of Weston has projects that are well suited for students pursuing degrees and are interested in gaining valuable knowledge and experience in the following areas/disciplines: Civil Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering GIS/Geography; Landscape Architecture; and Parks and Recreation.
What will interns gain from this program?
• Knowledge of engineering design, construction and operation of city facilities;
• Experience in the preparation and review engineering reports and studies;
• Knowledge of real-world application of GIS & GPS data collection;
• Experience in practical & effective landscape design and maintenance;
• An understanding of asset management and its related activities;
Schedule and Stipends
Student interns are expected to work between 10 and 29 hours per week on a flexible schedule that fits their class schedule. Funding for the internship program is provided to their contract partner, Calvin Giordano & Associates (CGA) and allows for stipends of $13/hour and $16/hour for undergrad and graduate students respectively.
Interested students can submit resumes to Amen Abdou, CGA’s internship coordinator based in Weston at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Engineering Intern – City of Weston”.